The first half of this big, big North Division game was an exercise in ineptitude for the Green Bay Packers. How did they fail? Let me count ways:
- Jordy Nelson dropped an easy pass that would have been a first down.
- There were two holding calls and a false start on the offense.
- There was a blow to Stafford’s head that resulted in a first down instead of a punt.
- Mike McCarthy decided to eschew a 49-yard field goal attempt and the offense could not convert the fourth down.
- He also didn’t challenge a reception by Johnson that sure looked like an incompletion on replay.
- Tramon Williams forgot he was supposed to be covering Calvin Johnson.
- Mason Crosby missed the same field goal twice.
- Aaron Rodgers threw a pick two plays after the Packers had picked off Stafford.